In operating the Site we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, page view data, location data, web-log statistics, supplemental data from third parties, and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site, such as when you register to receive information.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number; move-in date; financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers.
- Contact information and other information about the communications between Renters and Lessors using our communications tools.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide information regarding the use of the Site to our advertisers. Cookies are used to analyze how visitors using inRentive.com interact with the Site so that
we can continue to develop the Site and make it a better experience for our visitors and/or to customize your experience while using the inRentive Site.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and the Services that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser, which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of the Site.
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our Services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or Services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to the Site, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our Service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those, which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which may be of interest to you. They, or we, may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods to which you consented at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties, you have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we may provide to third parties aggregated statistical information about visitors to our Site for the purposes provided herein. Except as provided below, we do not disclose personally-identifiable information.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our Site will be encrypted for security.
- We utilize electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically. Transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties.
a. Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
b. Where we believe in good faith that we are legally required to disclose your information.
c. To assist fraud protection and minimize credit risk.
inRentive communicates with users, and facilitates communications between users, in a variety of ways. We make tools available that facilitate communications between renters and lessors by phone, chat, social media or email. When these tools are used, we may collect certain information related to the communication, such as contact logs, calling number, call duration, contents of the email communication, and (when notified during the call) call recordings. We may share this information with lessors so they can manage their communications with renters.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
You may choose to opt out of receiving future commercial email messages from us. Each mass commercial email sent by us contains a link with instructions on how to remove yourself from our email list.
If you prefer to write to us then our contact address is:
P.O. Box #3744
Chicago, IL 60654